Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lift your tricycle over your head!

Ashley from the UK sent me an incredible email that detailed 11 challenging dreams! I'll detangle one every now and then. Here is #5 on his list:

Last night, I dreamed I was in the USA and walking through a ravine type landscape. Lots of loose rocks etc. Then I saw a mountain lion come running down a hill straight past me at speed. Almost immediately behind it was a massive over sized cougar chasing it. The cougar was enormous, much larger than usual and it also had huge whiskers.
The cougar stopped and began to come towards me to attack. It would easily have eaten me alive there and then. I managed to see a child's tricycle nearby and picked it up. I swung the tricycle at the cougar to put it off, then held the tricycle above my head to make me as large as possible.
At that point a truck drove past and the cougar ran off.

I think it's fair to say that this is a fear-based dream.
You are in a foreign country, far from home in an open landscape littered with rocks. The ground beneath you is literally unstable. (... and rural America can be a little scary). This is a situation of extreme vulnerability.   
Artists depiction of tricycle strategy
So what do you do at the point of attack??? ...you find a tricycle...???? Okay, weird, but you use what is available to to protect yourself. The tricycle will probably not really be useful in fighting the cougar but it creates an illusion that buys you time until the cougar is scared off.

So, to make it clear, I think this dream is about an unstable situation in your life which could get scary. You're not sure if you have the tools to deal with it so you have to fake it with what you have. That's life for all of us, right?
If I were you, I'd lift the tricycle over my head! My tricycle is way up over my head. It seems to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment